Your Cart Is Empty!
- The construction and real estate industries are the major sources of Russian HNW wealth. The oil and gas sector has been losing its significance.
- Expats account for a fraction of Russian millionaires and will continue to decline.
- Bonds account for 40% of the average HNW investors portfolio. Russian investors show strong interest in corporate debt, which has offered a regular flow of high interest payments.
- Strongly performing hedge funds have been attracting assets, driving the share of alternatives in HNW portfolios above the regional average. Further increases in hedge fund and private equity allocations are likely.
- The depreciation of the Russian ruble hit the foreign property investments of wealthy Russians, affecting their attitudes towards real estate and driving demand for advice in this field.
- The provision of financial planning and wealth structuring advice is essential to wealth managers propositions. This includes tax and inheritance planning advice.
Verdict Financials "Wealth in Russia: HNW Investors" report analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of Russian HNW investors. The report is based on our proprietary Global Wealth Managers Survey. Specifically the report: Profiles the average Russian HNW investor in terms of the source of their wealth and age as well as analyzing the expat opportunity in Russia.
- Analyzes which wealth management mandates are preferred among Russian HNW investors and how demand will develop looking forward.
- Examines the allocation of Russian HNW investors portfolios into different asset classes and how this is expected to develop in the future.
- Analyzes product and service demand among Russian HNW investors.
Reasons To Buy
- Develop and enhance your client targeting strategies using our data on HNW profiles and source of wealth.
- Give your marketing strategies the edge required and capture new clients using insights from our data on HNW investors drivers for seeking investment advice vs self-directing.
- Tailor your investment product portfolio to match the current and future demand for different asset classes among HNW individuals.
- Develop your service proposition to match the product and service demand expressed by Russian HNW investors and react proactively to the forecasted change in demand.
Table of Contents
Russian wealth managers can leverage their HNW clients anxiety
Critical success factors
PROFILING THE RUSSIAN HNW INVESTOR
Most Russian HNW individuals are business owners
Construction and real estate are the main wealth-generating industries
Expats represent just 5.4% of the Russian HNW population
The expat opportunity is limited and it is difficult to obtain economies of scale for a dedicated service
Skilled work visas allow job transfers for up to three years
Investor and entrepreneur visas require relatively low capital
Most HNW expats residing in Russia originate from Western Europe
The current economic and political situation is encouraging expats to leave Russia
HNW INVESTMENT STYLE PREFERENCES
HNW investors in Russia rely on professional advice
Wealthy Russians expect their wealth managers to deliver outstanding returns
HNW investors opt for advisory asset management
The appetite for advice is still on the rise
The demand for advisory and discretionary mandates will increase
A share of Russian HNW wealth will remain in execution-only platforms
UNDERSTANDING ASSET ALLOCATION TRENDS AMONG RUSSIAN HNW INDIVIDUALS
Bonds and deposits dominate Russian HNW portfolios
Investors have been switching from cash to riskier asset classes
Equities allocations are on the rise
Bonds are the largest component of the Russian HNW portfolio
For deposits, foreign currencies are preferred to the ruble
Real estate has been important in HNW portfolios, but the economic crisis hit property investments
Allocation in commodities is lower than in previous years
Alternative investments have been attracting increasing attention
Deutsche Bank Private Wealth Management offers deposits in a number of currencies as well as more sophisticated investments
HNW PRODUCT AND SERVICE DEMAND
Planning services are in demand in Russia
Wealth structuring is significant in times of uncertainty
Russian millionaires are preparing for intergenerational wealth transfer
Internationally active millionaires require advice on tax and real estate
Provision of tax advice is a must
HNW individuals will require more advice on their real estate investments
Abbreviations and acronyms
Verdict Financials 2015 Global Wealth Managers Survey
About Verdict Financial
List of Tables
Table 1: Top industries by contribution to Russian GDP output (gross value added), 2015
Table 2: Russian ruble-US dollar exchange rate, December 31, 2014 and December 31, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Business owners dominate the Russian HNW population
Figure 2: The construction industry is the main source of Russian wealth
Figure 3: Expats account for a small proportion of the Russian HNW population
Figure 4: Switzerland, Germany, and the UK are the major expat feeder countries
Figure 5: HNW investors in Russia believe their wealth managers can deliver better rates of return than self-directed strategies
Figure 6: Advisory mandates are preferred to discretionary services in Russia
Figure 7: Demand for discretionary and execution-only services is quite weak
Figure 8: Demand for asset management services is on the rise in Russia
Figure 9: Russian millionaires want to self-direct at least some of their portfolio
Figure 10: 40% of the average Russian HNW portfolio is allocated in bonds
Figure 11: Equities account for 19% of the Russian HNW portfolio
Figure 12: The demand for equities will increase significantly
Figure 13: HNW clients prefer direct holdings to funds when investing in bonds
Figure 14: Opinion about future bond demand is mixed among wealth managers
Figure 15: Foreign currency deposits are more popular than ruble-denominated accounts
Figure 16: The demand for deposits is forecast to decrease
Figure 17: Property investments account for 9% of HNW portfolios
Figure 18: The demand for real estate investments in Russia will rebound
Figure 19: Holdings in commodities are well diversified
Figure 20: Allocations in commodities will remain stable in the foreseeable future
Figure 21: Hedge funds constitute over half of HNW allocation in alternatives
Figure 22: Russian wealth managers forecast increasing demand for alternatives
Figure 23: Planning services are in demand in Russia
Figure 24: Demand for inheritance planning will increase significantly
Figure 25: Demand for tax planning is very strong among Russian millionaires
Figure 26: Russian wealth managers should provide investment property advice
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.