Your Cart Is Empty!
- In 2015, 74.1% of the countrys total liquid assets were held by affluent individuals. Total affluent assets are expected to continue to grow over the next five years to reach $530bn by 2019. The proportion of wealth held by affluent individuals is expected to remain stable at around 74%.
- The savings and investments market is dominated by deposits, which account for over three quarters of the total retail savings and investments market. Mutual funds are second with a 14% share of the market.
- Mutual funds and equities are expected to perform particularly well going forward, while the low interest rate environment will continue to suppress the retail bond market.
- Dutch HNW individuals hold 11.5% of their investments in alternative, commodity, or property investments. Property investment is the largest investment type outside the traditional asset classes.
- In the Netherlands, 14% of HNW individuals total portfolios is held offshore, with leading destination Luxembourg absorbing 60% of total HNW offshore bookings. The main drivers for offshore investment are better investment returns and access to a better range of investment options.
Verdict Financials "Wealth in the Netherlands: Sizing the Market Opportunity" analyzes the Dutch wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.
Specifically the report:
- Sizes the affluent market (both by the number of individuals and value of their liquid assets) using our proprietary datasets.
- Analyzes which asset classes are favored by Dutch investors and how their preferences impact the growth of the total savings and investments market.
- Examines HNW clients attitudes towards non-liquid investments such as property and commodities.
- Identifies key drivers and booking centers for offshore investments.
Reasons To Buy
- Benchmark your share of the Dutch wealth market against the current market size.
- Forecast your future growth prospects using our projections for the market to 2019.
- Identify your most promising client segment by analyzing penetration of affluent individuals in the Netherlands - both at a country and regional level.
- Review your offshore strategy by learning HNW motivations for offshore investments and their preferred booking centers.
Table of Contents
Critical success factors
SIZING AND FORECASTING THE DUTCH WEALTH MARKET
Affluent individuals accounted for 17.8% of the total adult population in 2014
Growth in the number of wealthy individuals reflects the broader economic recovery
Dutch affluent individuals held $457.1bn in liquid assets at the end of 2015
DRIVERS OF GROWTH IN THE DUTCH WEALTH MARKET
The strong focus on deposits limits growth potential
Looking forward to 2019, mutual funds will record the strongest growth
Deposits will continue to perform strongly, in line with GDP
GDP growth is back on track
Inflation remains low
Equities and mutual funds are expected to fare well in line with the stock market
The Dutch stock market continues on a growth trajectory
HNW INVESTMENT PREFERENCES
Dutch HNW individuals allocate 11.5% of their investible assets outside traditional investments
Property investments account for 7.9% of total HNW portfolios
Dutch HNW individuals hold almost 14% of their wealth offshore
Wealth managers looking to access the flow of wealth offshore need to offer broad investment options
Luxembourg is the leading destination for Dutch HNW offshore wealth
Abbreviations and acronyms
Verdict Financials 2015 Global Wealth Managers Survey
Global Wealth Model methodology
Global Retail Investments Analytics methodology
About Verdict Financial
List of Tables
Table 1: Taxable income rates for 2016
Table 2: Dutch onshore liquid assets by asset band ($bn), 2011-15
Table 3: Dutch onshore liquid assets by asset band ($bn), 2016e-19f
Table 4: Total Dutch adult population by asset band (000s), 2011-15
Table 5: Total Dutch adult population by asset band (000s), 2016e-19f
Table 6: Euro to US dollar exchange rate, December 31, 2014 and December 31, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: 17.8% of the Dutch population was affluent as of the end of 2015
Figure 2: The mass affluent hold over half of Dutch wealth
Figure 3: The Dutch retail savings and investments market is set for stable growth
Figure 4: Total liquid wealth will reach $663.2bn by 2019
Figure 5: Mutual funds will be the fastest-growing asset class up to 2019
Figure 6: Deposits will see moderate growth up to 2019
Figure 7: Retail bonds are declining as interest rates remain low
Figure 8: Mutual funds growth and equity growth will converge
Figure 9: The AEX Index has performed steadily in recent years
Figure 10: Alternatives account for 11.5% of the total Dutch HNW portfolio
Figure 11: Dutch HNW individuals hold almost 14% of their liquid wealth offshore
Figure 12: Better investment opportunities drive Dutch offshore investments
Figure 13: Dutch investors book most of their offshore investments in Luxembourg
Figure 14: The Netherlands has signed DTAs or TIEAs with most countries globally
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.