Your Cart Is Empty!
- High net worth (HNW) individuals account for 1.8% of the US population, and their numbers are expected to swell by nearly 7% year-on-year to 2019. Ultra-high net worth individuals (those with over $10m in assets) are expected to increase by over 10%.
- The US retail investments market remains buoyant, but growth slowed significantly throughout 2014 and 2015, largely due to outflows of equities following a bumper year for the stock market in 2013. Against an uncertain economic backdrop, bonds are already bouncing back and are predicted to record 4% year-on-year growth to 2019.
- HNW individuals are now allocating 28.1% of their investible assets outside of traditional investments, with hedge funds the most popular alternative option in 2015 and private equity a relatively close second.
- Offshore investment continues to decrease (now at 6.1%) following the onset of the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), with client anonymity and tax efficiency the key drivers.
Verdict Financials "Wealth in the US: Sizing the Market Opportunity" analyzes the American wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.
Specifically the report:
- Sizes the affluent market (both by the number of individuals and value of their liquid assets) using our proprietary datasets.
- Analyzes which asset classes are favored by American retail investors and how their preferences impact the growth of the total savings and investments market.
- Examines HNW clients attitudes towards non-liquid investments such as hedge funds, property, and commodities.
- Identifies key drivers and booking centers for offshore investments by HNW clients.
Reasons To Buy
- Benchmark your share of the US wealth market against the current size of the market.
- Forecast your future growth prospects using our projections for the market to 2019.
- Identify your most promising client segment by analyzing penetration of affluent individuals in the US.
- Evaluate your HNW proposition by understanding how FATCA is affecting your HNW clients.
- Review your offshore strategy by learning HNW motivations for offshore investments and their preferred booking centers.
Table of Contents
Critical success factors
SIZING AND FORECASTING THE US WEALTH MARKET
Affluent individuals in the US account for nearly two thirds of the adult population
HNW investors account for 1.8% of the market, and the very rich will get richer
Overall growth of total liquid assets has been highly variable in recent years
Wealth held by affluent investors has risen robustly, providing wealth managers with ample opportunities
US HNW individuals hold over one third of total liquid assets, a share that will rise
DRIVERS OF GROWTH IN THE US WEALTH MARKET
2015 saw growth stagnate, and this is unlikely to change over the next five years
The US market is heavily weighted towards equity and mutual funds
The bond market will rise again, but the market will remain weighted to mutual funds and equities
Deposits will see slightly slower but steadier growth, supported by benign inflation and higher interest rates
A moderate rise in inflation and small interest rate hikes will have little effect on the deposit market
GDP growth is also unlikely to strongly affect deposit allocations, especially if there is no real wage upturn on the horizon to kick-start consumer spending
Bonds, equities, and mutual funds are more closely aligned with the fortunes of the stock market
The US stock market has struggled to add value in recent years and has had a rough start to 2016
Retail bonds are set to grow significantly in 2016 as the effects of QE and the zero interest rate policy diminish
The performance of the stock market also has a direct impact on equities and mutual funds
HNW INVESTMENT PREFERENCES
HNW individuals allocate 28.1% of their investible assets outside of traditional investments
Hedge funds are the most popular HNW illiquid asset
HNW individuals hold 6.1% of their assets offshore
Client anonymity and tax efficiency are the biggest drivers of offshore investment
The UK and Japan are now the most popular booking centers for US HNW individuals
Abbreviations and acronyms
Exchange of information
Verdict Financials 2015 Global Wealth Managers Survey
Global Retail Investments Analytics methodology
About Verdict Financial
List of Tables
Table 1: Income tax rates and income bands for 2016
Table 2: US: number of affluent individuals by asset band (000s), 2011-15
Table 3: US: number of affluent individuals by asset band (000s), 2016e-19f
Table 4: US: value of liquid assets held by affluent individuals by asset band ($bn), 2011-15
Table 5: US: value of liquid assets held by affluent individuals by asset band ($bn), 2016e-19f
List of Figures
Figure 1: 62% of the total US population is affluent, which represents the worlds largest wealth opportunity
Figure 2: HNW and mass affluent individuals account for almost all onshore US liquid assets
Figure 3: The US retail savings and investments market will stagnate over the forecast period
Figure 4: Equity and mutual fund holdings account for 67.3% of the total onshore market
Figure 5: The US market is heavily weighted towards equity and mutual funds
Figure 6: Deposits will see steadier growth, adding $2.46tn over four years
Figure 7: IT and financial services account for 37% of the NYSE Composite Index
Figure 8: Retail bond holdings will see strong growth in 2016
Figure 9: Mutual funds and equities mirror the NYSE Index
Figure 10: US retail mutual funds are heavily weighted in equities
Figure 11: Direct property investments are the most popular asset outside traditional liquid allocations among US HNW investors
Figure 12: US HNW individuals allocate 6.1% of their wealth offshore
Figure 13: Client anonymity is the primary reason HNW clients offshore wealth
Figure 14: The UK and Japan are now the booking centers of choice for US HNW citizens
Figure 15: FATCA agreements have been signed across the world
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.