Your Cart Is Empty!
- Up until 2000, the VAT rate had remained unchanged since the beginning of 1992, but was reduced to 20% from 21% in 2001, down from 25% in 1990. However, in March 2002 this reduction was reversed with the standard rate of VAT rising to 17.36% of the retail price or from 20% to 21%, until December 2008 when it was increased to 21.5%. However, from January 2010 the rate was once again reduced to 21%. In January 2012 the rate increased to 23%.
- In 2013 the reported smoking rate stood at 21.5% - similar to 2012 - but down from 23.1% in 2010. 22.9% of men and 20.2% of women were smokers.
- Imports declined somewhat in 2008, before recovering sharply in 2009. In line with the 2010 fall in demand, imports also fell back by 12.1%. Further declines were reported in 2011, 2012, and 2013, by the end of the period.
- "Cigarettes in Ireland" report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Ireland.
- This report is the result of ERCs extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Ireland. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Ireland.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Ireland along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Ireland, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Retail Sales of Cigarettes (Value), 1990-2013
Fine Cut Tobacco Sales, 2001-1013
Licit and Illicit Consumption Estimates, 2005-2013
Customs and Excise Cigarette Seizures, 1997-2013
Manufacturers and Brands
Sales and Market Shares of Leading Manufacturers, 2000-2014
Brand Family Ranking, 2008-2013
Market Shares of Leading Brands, 2000-2012
Cigarette Brand Preference, 2010
Cigarette Brand Preference by Gender, 2010 and 2012
Cigarette Brand Preference by Age Group, 2010
Taxation and Retail Prices
The Structure of Taxation on Cigarettes, 1990-2014
Average Incidence of Duty and VAT Per Packet of 20 Cigarettes, 1998-2013
EU Countries, Retail Price and Tax Incidence Comparison, 2014
Retail Price Trends, 1990-2014
Weighted Average Prices, 2007
Selected Retail Prices, 2011-2015
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Smoking Prevalence by Age, Gender and Social Class, 2007
Smoking Prevalence by Gender, Age and Social Class, 1998-2007
Cigarette Smoking by Region, 2010
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2006
Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, 2000-2013
Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Exports of Cigarettes by Country of Destination, 2000-2013
JTI Ireland Limited (previously Gallaher (Dublin) Ltd)
John Player and Sons Ltd
PJ Carroll and Company Ltd
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023
2. John Player and Sons Ltd
PJ Carroll and Company Ltd
Following are different modes of Licenses.
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.