Your Cart Is Empty!
- Total duty paid sales were 4.13 billion pieces in 2013 with per capita consumption at 191 pieces per person.
- The situation is not set to improve greatly during 2014 with duty increases again dampening demand. Sales are set to fall by 2.2% to 4.05 billion pieces.
- Sales are forecast at 4.99 billion pieces in 2023, 20.7% up on 2013, while capita consumption is set to increase to 214 pieces, a rise of 12% on 2013.
- "Cigarettes in Sri Lanka" report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Sri Lanka.
- This report is the result of ERCs extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Sri Lanka. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Sri Lanka.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Sri Lanka along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Sri Lanka, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Non-Duty Paid Cigarette Market, 1993-2013
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 2000-2003 and 2008-2013
Market Segmentation, 2008, 2009 and 2012
Market Breakdown by Pack Type, 1999-2003 and 2008-2010
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2014
Brand Shares, 2008, 2009, and 2011-2012
Taxation and Retail Prices
Development of Cigarette Tax Rates, 2000-2014
Taxation Structure, 2014
Excise Tax Revenues (Cigarettes), 2002-2012
Retail Prices, Selected Brands, 2000-2012
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Smoking Prevalence by Age and Gender, 2003
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2012
Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2013
Ceylon Tobacco Company Ltd
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023
Following are different modes of Licenses.
a. Single User License:
This license allows only one person to use the report. This person can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people. Unless you purchase a Site License or a Global Site License, a Single User License must be purchased for every single person that wishes to use the report within the same enterprise.
b. Single Site License:
This license allows unlimited users to use the report within one company location, e.g. a regional office. These users can use the report on any computer and may take print outs of the report but must take care of not sharing the report (or any information contained therein) with any other individual or people.
c. Global Site License:
A Global Site License (or Enterprise wide Site License or Global License) is a license granted to original purchaser, who can share a report with other employees and authorized Users of the same organization.
1. How do you deliver the reports?
The delivery of reports is depends on format & mode of license of report(s). Following are different kinds of formats of report(s) and their delivery options :
a. Electronic Format – Through email from Publisher
Report will be sent to your username email address in PDF, Excel, PowerPoint or any other electronic / softcopy format by publisher.
Delivery Time: 12 to 48 hours [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
b. Hard Copy or Printed Format or CD-Rom – Through Mail or Courier from Publisher
Report will be sent through mail / courier delivery to your shipping address by publisher.
Delivery Time: Less than, few weeks [depending on time difference or occurrences of national holidays]
2. How can I make payment for publications I purchase?
You could be able to make the payment, in following ways:
a. Online Secure Payment through Credit Card Payment : We accept Visa, Master, AMEX Cards & CCAvenue
b. Transfer of fund to our bank account via Bank transfer or Wire transfer
c. Payment via DD or Cheque
3. Is it safe to use my credit card on MarketinfoResearch?
Your personal information and online tranaction on Marketinfo Research is secure, private, and tamper-proof. All credit card payments are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways.